Thursday, April 22, 2010

CRAZY Weekend!!

This last weedend was pretty insane!! I had THREE cakes to do!! So after a lond day Thurs. and Friday and staying up until 4:30 Saturday morning, I had 2 of them pretty much finished and the third started! Luckily Curtis was able to have Saturday off work to help me out. We got up and got the kids ready and then loaded the two finished cakes and headed to St. George. Sammy went with my mom. (Thanks Mom!) and we picked up Austin's friend Juel on our way. We went to the Marriott first and delivered the baby shower cake and then to Benja Thai to deliver the wedding cake. Curtis helped a lot with setting that one up! After that we headed over to the Kite Festival (pics soon to come) and met up with Sam and my mom. We spent 2 hours there and then came home to finish the last cake for that night! That cake was quite the struggle for me! I became very aware of how tired I was and I was just about ready to give up!! Thanks to my awesome husband again, he got me back on track and helped me finish it!! Thanks Babe! Luv ya! Then he even let me take a short nap while he made dinner and then I headed to work for a couple of hours to cover someone that was sick! See! Told ya! INSANE!! Thanks you to all that helped out!! Thank you Brenda for picking that stuff up for me!! And thank you Ty and Annalee for dinner and a break!! You are all lifesavers!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are always welcome over to my house for a break anytime! It does sound like you did have a CRAZY weekend! You are a strong one!! lol!

The Staheli's said...

wowza!! :) That's a ton of cake baking and decorating! You are so awesome. Hopefully you are getting caught up on your rest.

Adele said...

I think it's so cool that I'm related to an official Cake Boss! Yay for you - be sure to post pics of the cakes - and hey, take this weekend off, you deserve it!! :)

Adele said...

ok - I'm slow - you did post pics already :) very nice, I love the baby ladybug, too cute!